PLEASE REPORT ALL CLAIM INCIDENTS TO CLAIMS@PARALLELRISKADVISORS.COM AS SOON AS AN EVENT OCCURS.
WHAT TO DO WHEN A PROPERTY CLAIM OCCURS
• Please have someone take pictures of everything.
• Mitigate the issue causing the damage to reduce/prevent additional damage.
• Damage to (1) tenant property or (2) interior tenant space, should be reported by Tenant to their insurance carrier (regardless of negligence or cause of damage) and they should also do the following immediately (as should you).
• DO NOT throw anything out as the carrier has the rights to it.
• Please pull all applicable leases/contracts/certs that may come into play depending on what caused the loss and who was impacted.
• If there are any loans applicable to the affected property, please pull a copy of the loan and send to Parallel for review.
• You may begin to get bids for repair work but DO NOT start repairs or replacement without adjuster approval.
WHAT TO DO WHEN A LIABILITY CLAIM OCCURS
• Call 911, if appropriate.
• For auto accidents, notify police, if applicable/necessary. If they are contacted, request and forward a copy of the police report to this claims email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• DO NOT ADMIT FAULT (do not say, “I’m sorry….”) or offer any payment.
• DO NOT DISCUSS the occurrence with anyone except the police, your insurance representative/broker, and company officials or claims director.
• Never discuss your insurance policy with another party. Refer all questions to this claims email address (email@example.com) and a member of our claims team will respond.
• Preserve any evidence related to the occurrence and take necessary steps to prevent re-occurrence.
• If possible, take photos of the scene immediately after the occurrence to show the conditions at the time of the accident (including photos of vehicles involved, if applicable)
• If workers comp (injured employee), over the next several days obtain a preliminary estimate of the length of disability and any follow up medical care required.